Experience The Divinity & Spirituality with Dalai Lama: Schedule For His Teaching Sessions 2019
The 14th Dalai Lama, Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso, is one of the most revered personalities in the world with thousands of followers all across the globe. Many famous personalities including the head of various countries have been an ardent admirer of his teachings and his simplicity. Living in India for a long time now, he has been spreading his philosophy to all parts of the country and it’s not just us Indians who are fascinated by his teachings, but many foreigners visit India to seek his blessings and witness his divine presence.
The meaning of Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama is a title given by the Tibet people to the most revered spiritual leader of the Gelug order of Buddhism. One of the youngest schools of Buddhism, Gelug school of thoughts is being practised by a majority in Tibet. Dalai Lama is also believed to be a successor in the life of tulkus, who are believed to be an incarnation of Boddhisatva of passion. Currently, the Gelug school has 14th Dalai Lama serving as the spiritual leader.
Who is the 14th Dalai Lama?
Tenzin Gyatso, who was born in Lhamo Thondup is the 14th Dalai Lama, currently living in the hills of McLeodGanj in Himachal Pradesh, India. 83 years of age, Dalai Lama has been an active voice advocating for world peace. This is the reason why many of world’s biggest political leader come to seek his blessings and a word of advice.
Dalai Lama is a man known not just for his spirituality but all his life teachings. A philosopher, a guide and a mentor, his speeches are a revelation for everyone who witnesses them. This is the reason why his every public appearance is flocked by people and people often search for his schedule for a year in advance. To ease the process for you, we will let you have his schedule for the next year.
Schedule of His Holiness Dalai Lama’s teaching sessions for the year 2019-2020 in India
- Teaching in Dharamsala, HP, India (May 10 – May 12, 2019)
Dalai Lama would be giving three days teaching on The Furthest Everlasting Continuum on special request from Russians.
- Teaching in Dharamsala, HP, India (June 3 – June 4, 2019)
Dalai Lama would be giving a two-day teaching session on Gyalsey Thokme Sangpos’s Thirty-Seven Practices of a Bodhisattva (laklen sodunma) to the Tibetan youth in the main temple during the morning.
- Teaching in Dharamsala, H.P, India (June 5, 2019)
Dalai Lama will confer the Avalokiteshvara Initiation (chenresig jigten wangchuk wang) at the Main Tibetan Temple in the morning at the request of Dzonga Choede Monastery.
- Long Life Offering Ceremony in Dharamsala, HP, India (June 19, 2019)
His Holiness the Dalai Lama will attend a Long Life offering prayer given to him by two groups in the morning. The venue for the prayer would be the Main Tibetan Temple.
- Long Life Offering Ceremony in Dharamsala, HP, India (July 5, 2019)
Dalai Lama will be attending a Long Life offering prayer which will be given to him by former staff of the Central Tibetan Administration in the morning. The venue for the prayer would be the Main Tibetan Temple.
- Teaching in Dharamsala, HP, India (September 3 – September 6, 2019)
His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be giving four days of teachings sessions and he will continue the last year’s topic on Buddhapalita’s Commentary on the Fundamental Wisdom of the Middle Way (drel-pa Buddhapalita) at the request of a group from Asia in the mornings.
- Teaching in Dharamsala, HP, India (October 2 – October 5, 2019)
Dalai Lama will be giving four days of teachings at the request of Taiwanese.
- Teaching in Dharamsala, HP, India (November 4 – November 6, 2019)
His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be giving three days of teachings at the request of Koreans.
- Teaching in Bodhgaya, Bihar, India (December 28 – December 31, 2019)
On the mornings of December 28 and 29, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be giving teachings on Shantideva’s: A Guide to the Boddhisattva’s Way of Life (chodjug). On the morning of December 30, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be conferring an Avalokiteshvera Initiation (chenresig wang). On the morning of December 31, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will be attending a Long Life offering prayer given to him.
- Teaching in Bodhgaya, Bihar, India (January 2 – January 3, 2020)
How to register for His Holiness Dalai Lama’s teachings?
The sessions of Dalai Lama is no less than a spiritual journey and this makes his session a popular event. However, you can be part of any of his teachings by simply registering for the event. It is mandatory and it begins a few days before the event is supposed to start and the registration portal closes a day before the start of his teachings. The registration hours are between 9 am to 1 pm and between 2 pm and 5 pm at the branch security office in McLeod Ganj. It is near the Bhagsunath Road.
Things needed for registration
Well, the registration process is quite simple and it can only be done in person at Branch Security Office in McLeod Ganj. You would be needed to present your passport with a nominal fee of INR 10. It is to be noted that as a long-standing policy, His Holiness the Dalai Lama doesn’t charge for any of his talks and teachings. Where tickets are needed to be purchased in advance, organisers are requested by his office to charge a minimal fee.
How to reach McLeod Ganj?
Located in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh, the popular tourist destination of McLeod Ganj is roughly 7 km away from Dharamshala. It is easily accessible by road and Kangra airport is 20 km away. Train connectivity is limited to Pathankot and you would have to take a taxi from the railway station to reach here. However, Himachal State Road Transport Corporation operates numerous buses to and from Dharamshala.
Popular Must Visit Tourist Attractions in Dharamshala
For the travellers and tourists visiting Dharamsala for Dalai Lama’s teachings, the town offers many tourist attractions for you to indulge in. From vibrant markets to natural hideouts, the town has many hidden gems that come to the light moment you step into the town.
- Bhagsu Waterfalls: One of the biggest tourist attractions in and around Dharamshala. Near the McLeod Ganj main market, the Bhagsu Falls is no less than a top hike. Although the base would be crowded, do the short hike to the top of fall and you would be treated to an unrivalled view of Himalayan mountains.
- Bhagsunag Temple: One of the most popular pilgrim destinations in Dharamshala, the temple lies at the base of the waterfall. You would be treated to the sight of pilgrims taking a dip in the holy water of the waterfall which passes through the temple, it is a must-visit for every tourist visiting India.
- Namgyal Monastery: One of the biggest Tibetan monasteries outside Tibet, Namgyal Monastery is the abode of Dalai Lama. Also known as Dalai Lama’s temple because it was built for him, this is one of the biggest attractions in the region.
- Tsuglagkhang Complex: The temple which houses Namgyal Monastery and Dalai Lama, the complex area is a reflection of the Tibetan culture and heritage. If you visit Dharamshala, you have to explore Dalai Lama Ashram in Himachal.
- Triund: For the adventurers visiting Dharamshala, the place offers one of the best treks in India, Triund Trek. Taking you across the Dhauladhar mountains, giving an aerial view of the region, Triund trek is one of the best ways to rejuvenate amidst the luxury of nature. Once you reach the top, you will be greeted by the mesmerising view of Himalayan peaks.
Where to stay in Dharamshala and McLeod Ganj?
You can either choose to stay in Dharamshala and travel from there to McLeod Ganj or you can directly stay in McLeod Ganj itself. However, it would be more suitable for you to stay in McLeod Ganj. You can choose between cheap hotels to deluxe accommodations.
- ^ Posts by Ashwini (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ McLeodGanj in Himachal Pradesh (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Bodhgaya (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ mountains of Himachal Pradesh (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Kangra (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ visiting Dharamsala (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ tourist attractions in and around Dharamshala (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Bhagsu Falls (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ most popular pilgrim destinations (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ must-visit for every tourist visiting India (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Namgyal Monastery (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ best treks in India (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Triund (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ Himalayan peaks (www.tourmyindia.com)
- ^ stay in Dharamshala (www.tourmyindia.com)