Ipoh’s Muzium Darul Ridzuan

Muzium Darul Ridzuan is a small historical museum of Perak in a former tin-mining tycoon’s mansion. The Perak Museum was built in 1926 by a rich and successful tin miner called Foo Choong Kit. At that time, the Kinta River often flooded and flooded the largest occurred in 1926 have led to the Malays who occupied the area have sold their land and moved en masse. One of the lands sold is the site of this building and it was told that once forty people were counted to be living in this house. Ahead of World War II, air defense forts were built of thick concrete bricks and cement in preparation for the Japanese airstrikes. One of these air protection forts is located at the back of the building which has a tunnel about 50 feet long and 20 feet underground. According to oral sources, the air protection fort was used twice during the Japanese air raid in 1941. This building was also used as an administrative headquarters by the British and Japanese. After independence was achieved, this building was turned into a government office, namely the Perak State Public Service Commission (SPA) Office on the top floor and the Perak State Community Development Office (KEMAS) on the ground floor. After the Islamic Complex building was completed in early 1989, the Perak Public Service Commission (SPA) was transferred to the complex and the Perak State Community Development Office (KEMAS) was moved to the Seri Kinta building. In early 1991, the building was redesigned and renamed the Darul Ridzuan Museum and was officially opened on 18 August 1992 by the Acting Sultan of Perak, Raja Nazrin Shah ibni Sultan Azlan Muhibbuddin Shah. Bukit Chandan, 33000 Kuala Kangsar, Perak Darul Ridzuan
+605-776 5500

Leave A Reply