Get to know some best places to visit in Chennai.
1. Kapaleeswar Temple – The Kapaleeshwar temple, located in Mylapore’s Kutchery Road, Chennai, offers the best in temple architecture and captivates tourists with its sheer elegance and grace.
2. The Valluvar Kottam – A historical marker honouring the revered intellectual poet, philosopher, and saint Thiruvalluvar, who wrote the well-known Thirukkural more than 2,000 years ago, is the Valluvar Kottam, which is located in Nungambakkam, Chennai.
3. National Art Gallery – One of the first art galleries in India was the National Art Gallery, which is located in Egmore, Chennai. The Mugul’s rare pieces and numerous paintings by the Mugul are on display in the gallery. It also includes a number of Tanjore paintings. There are also portraits of important British officers, including Lord Connemara and Lord William Bentinck. Numerous tiny paintings representing court and combat scenes could also be found in the art collection.
4. Dakshina Chitra – Dakshina Chitra is an exciting cross-cultural living museum of art, architecture, lifestyles, crafts, and performing arts of South India. The Museum is located overlooking the Bay of Bengal, at Muttukadu, on the East Coast Road to Mamallapuram.
5. Mahabalipuram – A historic town that awaits visitors, especially known for its aesthetic monuments, coastline temples, vibrant structures, beautiful idols, elaborately designed intricate stone carvings, and many more captivating architectures. Mahabalipuram, besides being a tourist hotspot for visitors to Tamil Nadu, is also home to beaches and stone temples.
6. Kovalam – The Kovalam beach, near Mamallapuram in the Chengalpattu district, has always been a favourite haunt of domestic and international holiday-goers and those from the city as well. The beach and eateries on the sandy stretch, with its crescent-shaped, palm-fringed beaches, golden sands, and beautiful vistas, make Kovalam a perfect weekend getaway.
7. Muttukadu Boat House – At Muttukadu Boat House, 23 km from Adyar on the way to Mamallapuram, visitors can enjoy the best kind of leisure with a fun-filled trip on the lake. A tourist can experiment with different sorts of adventure rides, like jet skiing, rowing, speed boat riding, and trips on boats, including pedal boats and row boats, that are accessible on the spot and can be reserved through online bookings.
0:52 – Marina Beach
1:04 – St. Thomas Cathedral
1:19 – Kapaleeswarar Temple
1:37 – South Indian Cuisine
2:16 – Valluvar Kottam
2:30 – Crafts
2:36 – Monumental Architecture
3:11 – Blue Flag Beach (Kovalam)
3:30 – Water Adventure Sports (Kovalam)
3:34 – Boat House
Tamil Nadu is a place with several distinctive features of tourism where stories never end.
Connect with us:
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/tntourismoffcl
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/tntourismoffcl
Twitter : https://twitter.com/tntourismoffcl
Website : https://tamilnadutourism.tn.gov.in
#TamilNaduTourism #TNTourism #TNTourismOffcl #TravelTamilNadu #WhereStoriesNeverEnd