The Royal Coronation of King Rama X transportation services 2-6 May 2019
Bangkok, 29 April 2019 – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to share useful information that the Royal Thai Police and the Ministry of Transport are preparing to facilitate the travel of people participating in the Royal Coronation of King Rama X, scheduled for 4-6 May 2019.
Bus, train, and boat services will be provided. Parking lots will be arranged in 26 areas, which can accommodate more than 38,000 cars in total.
The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority will provide free bus services between 2 and 6 May 2019 on both shuttle bus routes and specified bus routes.
There will be 11 routes for shuttle buses, from parking spots to drop-off and pick-up spots, as follows:
- Muang Thong Thani – Government Complex – Nang Loeng Race Course;
- Royal Thai Police Sports Club – Kasetsart University – Nang Loeng Race Course;
- Royal Thai Army Club – BMA 2 – Nang Loeng Race Course;
- Future Park in Rangsit – Nang Loeng Race Course;
- MRT Parking Lot at Ratchadaphisek Station – Criminal Court – Ban Manangkhasila;
- IKEA Bang Na – Mega Bang Na – BITEC Bang Na – Ban Manangkhasila;
- King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang – Ban Manangkhasila;
- Khlong Toei Port – Thailand Tobacco Monopoly – Airport Rail Link in Makkasan – Ban Manangkhasila;
- Central Rama 2 – Bangmod Wittaya School – Wat Thepsirin;
- Buddhamonthon Sai 4 – Central Salaya – Bus Terminal on Borommaratchachonnani Road – Thongsook College – Wat Thepsirin;
- Central Westgate – Phra Pin Klao Bridge.
There will be six specified routes, and busses along these routes will pick up and drop off passengers at all bus-stops. The following are six specified routes.
- Victory Monument – Ban Manangkhasila;
- Chatuchak Bus Terminal – Nang Loeng Race Course;
- Wong Wian Yai – Memorial Bridge;
- National Stadium – Ban Manangkhasila;
- Southern Bangkok Bus Terminal – Phra Pin Klao Bridge;
- Bangkok Hua Lamphong Railway Station – Ban Manangkhasila.
The State Railway of Thailand will offer free train services on 4-6 May 2019 on the following routes:
Northern Region: From Ayutthaya to Bangkok (Yommarat) and from Hua Lamphong to Ayutthaya;
Southern Region: From Nakhon Pathom to Thon Buri and from Thon Buri to Nakhon Pathom;
Eastern Region: From Chachoengsao to Bangkok (Yommarat) and from Hua Lamphong to Chachoengsao;
Mae Klong: From Maha Chai to Wong Wian Yai and from Wong Wian Yai to Maha Chai.
The Marine Department will offer free boat services on 4-6 May 2019, as follows:
Chao Phraya Express Boat From Nonthaburi to Pin Klao pier (Bangkok side): 10.00 hr, 11.00 hr, 15.00 hr, and 16.00 hr; From Sathon pier to Memorial Bridge pier: 10.00 hr, 11.00 hr, 15.00 hr, and 16.00 hr.
Ferry Service, between 06.00 and 22.00 hr. From Rama 8 pier to Pin Klao (Bangkok side), every 20 minutes; From Railway pier to Pin Klao (Bangkok side), every 20 minutes; From Pin Klao pier (Thon Buri side) to Pin Klao (Bangkok side), every 15 minutes.
Source: Foreign Office, The Government Public Relations Department