What you need to know about the Singapore visa for Indian nationals – Travel Daily News International
Planning to travel to Singapore, but you still don’t know what’s next?
Let’s get straight into it.
What is a Singapore visa and how to apply for one
A Singapore Visa is a document that allows you to enter Singapore legally.
This is because Indian citizens can’t go to Singapore without a visa. So, you must apply for a Singapore Visa before traveling, also known as a Visit Pass.
How do Indians get a Singapore visa
Applying for a Singapore visa is a very clear and straightforward process.
However, as an Indian citizen, you can’t apply for the Singapore visa yourself.
This process will be made on Atlys by a Local contact with a Singpass account or Authorized Agent at the Singapore Embassy.
Step 1: Start your Singapore Tourist Visa application form on the Singapore Embassy website.
Step 2: Submit the additional documents and collect once everything is approved. A little reminder of the documents to submit air tickets, A covering letter, Income tax papers, and bank statements.
Step 3: Pay your Singapore Visa application online.
Step 4: Get your Singapore Visa.
There are 3 consulates in India, Mumbai, Chennai, and High Commission in New Delhi.
Here are the types of Singapore visa can Indians apply for
There are several Singapore visas that Indians can apply for. It depends on what you’re going to do in Singapore.
- Singapore Tourist Visa
- Singapore Work Visa
- Singapore Transit Visa
- Singapore Multiple Entry Visa
- Singapore Business Visa
- Singapore Student Visa
- Singapore Golden Visa
- Singapore Dependent Visa
If you’re going to Singapore for tourism purposes, you should apply for the Singapore Tourist visa for Indians.
Methods for Indian nationals to apply for a Singapore visa
There are several ways Indians can get a Singapore visa. Here are the ways you can apply for the Singapore visa through:
Atlys: This must be the easiest and fastest way to apply for a Singapore visa in India. The application can be made on the app in a few simple steps!
Through Authorized Visa Agents: As I mentioned earlier, you cannot apply for your Singapore visa directly; hence, you will have to apply through an agent.
Apply through the ICA Website: You can apply through the Singapore Government Website. You’ll need a Local Contact or a Strategic Partner to apply for you.
Important factors to consider when applying
So, as an Indian national, when you apply for a Singapore visa, there are considerations/factors to consider.
They will accept your visa application when you have all the following documents.
- A complete Singapore Tourist Visa application form (From 14a).
- Your valid passport.
- Copy of your passport biometric information must be in A4 format
- Flight itinerary or it can be a confirmed return air ticket
- Passport size photograph your passport colour photograph must have a white background.
- Letter of introduction.
- A credit card or debit card (you must show that you have a VISA or Mastercard to pay the processing fee)
You need to translate all your documents from Hindi to English. This includes official notes.
The pros and cons of applying for a Singapore visa
Applying for a visa might be overwhelming. So, I found some Pros and Cons of applying for a Singapore visa
The pros of Singapore visa
I have identified the pros you can enjoy with a Singapore Visa.
- With the Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians, you can stay for 30 days. Indian citizens must leave the country before the expiration of their visas.
- The ICA says you can apply for the Singapore entry visa 30 days before the travel date.
- Your visa application can be submitted at the nearest Singapore Embassy.
- You can pay online using a Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card.
- You can transit with the entry visa to be able to transit without problems. For eligible Indian citizens, there’s a Visa Free Transit Facility or VFTF Singapore that allows them to transit visa-free.
The cons of Singapore visa
With the pros identified above, here are the cons you need to consider as well with the Singapore visa.
- A S$30 non-refundable and non-transferable processing fee.
- Incomplete forms or submitted documents can lead to the rejection of your visa or delay the processing time.
- Your visa application will be processed within three days (excluding the day of submission). Some applications may take longer to process.
- When- You must also meet entry requirements.
- A valid visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for you to travel to Singapore. The Singapore Immigration officers determine if they give you an immigration pass at the point of entry.
Best travel destinations for Indians
I have found some best travel destinations both in and out of Singapore that you can enjoy as an Indian national.
Best travel destinations inside Singapore for Indians
Singapore has a lot of attractions that you can enjoy on your trip, but I have found these attractions that you don’t want to miss out on during your trip.
- Marina Bay Sands is a resort that has a Skypark viewing deck as well as an infinity pool to enjoy on your trip.
- Gardens by the Bay is a designed green space, and you’ll enjoy the vibrant plant life; it’s a nice place for escaping the bustle of the city.
- Singapore Zoo is known as the world’s best rainforest zoo; you can see animals such as the white tiger, a komodo dragon, and many more. Lastly, you can watch as they feed the animals
- Orchard Road is known for its best high-end stores, so if you enjoy shopping, Orchard Road is a great place to start your shopping spree.
- Sentosa Island is a good place to get some beach time, and it also has some activities that you can enjoy, such as Kayaking, skimboarding, and volleyball on free courts.
The best travel destination out of Singapore for Indians
There are the best destinations out of Singapore that you can visit as an Indian national. Here are a few places I found.
- Bintan Island, Indonesia: This is a very popular destination as you can see the sea turtles, go to spas, and a seaplane.
- Bali, Indonesia: Bali is known for its laidback beachfront with rich greenery; you’ll never go wrong with it.
- Desaru Coast, Malaysia: It is known for the warm blue water, surfing, and many water sports for travelers.
- Krabi, Thailand: You can enjoy the clear, calm water, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
- Malacca, Malaysia. A beach city with a mix of unique history, culture, and food.
All done, now that you have everything you need to know about the Singapore visa for Indians. Then, you can prepare your application and enjoy your trip to Singapore.